March 12, 2012 (posted on 12/31/2012)

On November 21, 2006 various cast members from Doctor Who, including David Tennant, John Barrowman, Noel Clarke, Nick Briggs and Tracy Oberman, met up at Pinewood Studios to record a special edition of The Weakest Link.

The programme aired March 30, 2007, the night before the third series debuted.  The bloopers from that night also turned up on Outtakes TV and David filmed part of his video diary backstage on the night and appears on the Doctor Who Complete Third Series DVD, Disc 4 Special

In his diary he worries that he might go on telly and look like a 'bit of an idiot' - while David did very well, me made it almost to the end, he was voted out by Noel and Camille Coduri, who battled to the end and Camille won £16,500 for her charities.  David did make one major flub concerning the capitol of Denmark  which I am sure he will never forget is Copenhagen!

Anne: "So David, does the Doctor not travel in Northern Europe?

David: "I'm so humiliated I said Bruge, I'm never going to live that down am I?

We also got some great singing from Noel and John!

Poor Tracy-Anne Oberman had just become a new Mom at the time of the filming and wrote this in The Guardian on November 28, 2012:

"Pre-birth I had gamely agreed to do a Dr Who Weakest Link charity special, and now I couldn't wriggle out of it. Sleep deprivation is a terrible thing: it was during rehearsal - as David Tennant smiled sympathetically while I randomly shouted "bank!", pressed all the wrong buttons and practically knocked over my podium - that I realised things might be going pear-shaped in the brain department. By eight o'clock I was breaking into a cold sweat, unable to remember my own name, let alone those of my fellow contestants. By the time the penetrating ginger-gaze of Annie Robinson lasered in on me, all I could hear in my head was her barking: "Tracy-Ann Oberman. You are the fattest link. Goodbye!"