December 28, 2012

Some actors change once they become really famous, especially when they do interviews, David has always been true to himself when speaking to the press - then and now.

 "I have no idea how to describe myself. Tall, skinny and Scottish. Overall, I am fairly happy. Maybe a bit bewildered. Only recently the National, the RSC, they seemed a million miles away. Then suddenly Dame Judi Dench is across the corridor."  - August 17, 1996 - The Times

'Before those scenes I vow to go to the gym but then I think 'to hell with it'. It seems to make absolutely no difference to me, I just stay a skinny streak of nothing.' - June 4, 2000 - Sunday Mercury

"It's difficult to describe your own personality. I'd say tall, skinny and Scottish. That's the basic design of me and pretty accurate actually. I'm not painting a pretty picture am I? Shall I lie? I'm devastatingly handsome - honest." - July 23, 2002 - The Metro


"He was voted sexiest man on TV last December but admitted he was 'bewildered' by the accolade and confessed he had voted for John Barrowman." -  May 13, 2009 - Daily Mail

"I think I've just been lucky, really," Tennant says, "because I'm not conventional leading-man stuff. I'm slightly left of centre. I remember going up for Casanova thinking: 'I haven't got a chance – the other people are much more traditional square-jawed types.'" - December 19, 2009 - The Guardian